Topic: Summer of Live Mini-Review Extravaganza

metallian wrote:

Hey dudes, I took a small break from my relentless achievement whoring and banged out a few reviews of some choice XBLA releases from August. Actually I wrote them a few weeks ago but then stuff like hurricanes happened, and then we were doin' stuff, and I'm pretty sure i got drunk a couple times, you know how it goes.

So hop on in to enjoy five tasty, bite-sized mini reviews of Braid, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Castle Crashers, Galaga Legions, and Geometry Wars Evolved 2.

Re: Summer of Live Mini-Review Extravaganza

Castle Crashers is one hell of a fun game. It's a shame the MP is still broken to an extent. I have no problems running a 2 man game, but when we try to add a third, we lose them after about 5 minutes of play.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/75.125.97.195:27015/banner_350x20_C692108-381007-FFFFFF-000000.png

TheFeniX wrote:

Castle Crashers is one hell of a fun game. It's a shame the MP is still broken to an extent. I have no problems running a 2 man game, but when we try to add a third, we lose them after about 5 minutes of play.

When we were first playing we could barely get three guys into a lobby, let alone out of the lobby.

i got a 3 player game to work fine once, but we were all in the same general area. when me and inph tried to play with ping across the pond it wasn't havin it nohow

Jaded fanboyism annoys me, but I'll be kind and chalk this up to ignorance. Geometry Wars may be the only twin stick shooter to not suck on the 360, but Super Stardust HD, from the PSN, is also a twin stick shooter, and is fantastic.

"Did someone just say Valve made the Source engine? It's the Quake engine with shaders and an entity I/O system" - [dys] termi

NEWSFLASH

list of definitive statements made in my review that some people might take issue with:

-a bunch of them

gw is not the only good twin stick shooter. games like castle crashers have been made before but lord knows like seven people actually played guardian heroes. that extra stuff in braid might interest some people and i don't really care if you use a strategy guide.

explaining every single thing and feeling out every possibility is for news stories and not editorials. shit gets cut due to brevity with an eye on what is entertaining, and nobody ever chuckled at a completely moderate opinion.

we are not a big-name review site, we do not get paid to do this, we do not get games for free, and we do not have allotted time to produce content. if we write something it is about what we found interesting enough to buy for ourselves and wanted to give our small readership an idea of what we thought about it.

i don't mind people taking issue with my opinions, or being viewed as ignorant, but just try to understand my motivations and realize that if you come here every time with the goal of picking a fight on sony's behalf, that nobody is interested in fighting back.

Last edited by Metallian (2008-10-01 16:42:37)

Metallian wrote:

i don't mind people taking issue with my opinions, or being viewed as ignorant, but just try to understand my motivations and realize that if you come here every time with the goal of picking a fight on sony's behalf, that nobody is interested in fighting back.

I don't think I've ever tried to pick a fight on sonys behalf. Mainly because I don't actually care about shit like that. But I do hate it when a great game is ignored, regardless of the platform.

"Did someone just say Valve made the Source engine? It's the Quake engine with shaders and an entity I/O system" - [dys] termi